Computer Aided Design (CAD)
3D CAD modelling and detailing is an integral part of any modern-day product design and development cycle. Our CAD team is not only very proficient in a range of CAD tools but also possesses a good understanding of the design process, knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes and a good understanding of product technical requirements that are essential for effective use of CAD tools.
We also have a well-evolved process of developing the product design and CAD tool skillset through our training arm - Speed Learning Centre that generates a talent pool of industry-ready engineers and helps us ramp-up teams in a short period of time.
We use multiple CAD tools such as Creo, SolidWorks, NX, CATIA, Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD depending on customer requirements. Our span of activities in CAD includes:
- Generation of 3D CAD models for the design concepts – for Castings and Forgings, Machined Components, Plumbing parts, Wires and Harnesses, Sheet Metal Components and assemblies, etc
- Generating 2D manufacturing drawings and assembly / installation drawings
- Generation of flat view drawings for sheet metal components
- GD&T, Tolerance stack-up calculations / Dimensional Variation Analysis (DVA)
- General Arrangement (GA) and Layout drawings
- Generation of Bills of Material (BoM)
- Model-Based Definition (MBD) for 3D CAD models
- Legacy drawing conversion (digitization of legacy paper drawings), 2D to 3D conversion
- CAD customization and automation
- Support for marketing material and technical publications - Product graphics, rendered images, packaging drawings, etc.
Helped a global SPM manufacturer in conversion of 5000+ legacy drawings to parametric 3D CAD models and manufacturing drawings…
Supported multiple new product introduction programs by creating detailed 3D CAD models and manufacturing drawings with GD&T for complex cast, machined and sheet metal components of Gas Turbines, Engines and Gensets…
Helped customer create CAD models and detailed fabrication drawings of large process equipment considering material, manufacturing and transportation requirements…